We're currently open and in order to keep everyone safe during this difficult time, we are offering phone and video consultations.

Who Gets the Income Tax Exemptions for the Children?

Cindy Best

The federal and state income tax exemptions for the children are also generally divided in proportion to the parties’ incomes. In order for the paying parent to claim the children during his/her year, the parent must be current in his/her child support obligation for that year. This is determined by statute, but may be modified by agreement of both parties.

Schedule Your Consultation

Fill out the form below